Sunday, January 16, 2011

October Breast Cancer Awarness Month


It was October, Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and everything was pink, there were pink ribbons everywhere. Everywhere I went it was in my face. Soon I started receiving gifts with the pink ribbon on them and soon I had accepted the fact that I had Breast Cancer!
They scheduled my surgery for the 19 of October, that’s my birthday; I guess it would be a gift to get this lump out of my breast. A few days before the surgery the Surgeon called to confirm that I would have a lumpectomy and not a mastectomy and to also tell me that he would like to delay my surgery and get a Breast MRI. It seems that the ultrasound had shown another lump close to the bad one and a couple more in the other breast. At this point I was just going through the motions.

No comments: