Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Doctor Called, You Have Cancer


When I walked in the door from school that afternoon my home phone was ringing and my heart feel into my stomach, it was him. He proceeded to tell me that I had IDC or invasive doctoral carcinoma. I didn’t know what it meant, but it didn’t sound good. I proceeded to ask him if he could still help me, it angered him and he said, “This is why I don’t like to do this on the phone” can you come to my office. I told him I was on my way.
My daughter came home from work and went with me; I thought another set of ears would be good.
When we arrived at his office my heart was beating so fast there was nothing I could do to calm it. He explained the report and seemed very frustrated and short with me, I began to wonder had I found the right surgeon for myself. He later told me he felt I wasn’t accepting what he was telling me; maybe I didn’t want to accept what he was saying. I ask a lot of questions that seemed to be a waste of his time. He told me to talk to my regular MD about my anxiety levels maybe he could give me something. I’m not sure about anyone else but I was full of anxiety and it hurt.

No comments: