Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day Three, Crash Day


Crash day comes on the third day after the chemo treatment. I thought he said after a couple days I would be doing well, Not so. I had my shower got dressed and looked in the mirror. My face was covered with hives, what was this all about. I called the on call Doctor because of course it was Sunday. She prescribed steroids for another day and the hive seemed to get better. By the next day the mouth sores had started and seemed to get worse as the day went on. Seems the fast growing cells in my body were all being destroyed good and bad. My stomach began to swell and my skin was so tight and dry lotion wouldn’t begin to penetrate it. So fast growing cells, this gets so strange. In the process of these chemicals killing my cancer they would also kill my white blood cell that would make my hair fall out, and keep me from getting infections, not to mention my skin, intestines, mouth and throat.

No comments: