Sunday, January 16, 2011

Surgery Day, November 2, 2010


My son in law went with me to the new place to receive the Breast MRI; he had to take me two times. Seems I have a bit of claustrophobia and the first time I panicked when they tried to put me in the machine. Maybe that surgeon was right and I do have high anxiety.
The other spots turned out to be fibroids cyst, I knew they were in there somewhere. So now with just one lump to deal with, surgery was scheduled once again. November 2nd would be the day.
November 2nd at 1:30 pm, why would anyone want surgery at that time? You have to wait in anticipation, you can’t eat. Oh well I had gained 15 pounds sense the day I had found the lump, maybe I thought I could eat it away. I still think when I was little my mom would give me a cookie when I was hurt and so maybe that was my reasoning.
Before the surgery they did several injections into my breast of Indigo Blue dye. This would travel to my lymph nodes so the doctor could remove the sentinel nodes, these nodes are kind of like the gate keeper of the lymph nodes. If these nodes had no cancer then this would mean the cancer hadn’t spread, and that’s a good thing.
St Anthony’s Hospital in Gig Harbor rocks, these people were so good to me. My surgery that I had worried over had gone great and I was very pleased. A kind nurse that was with me when I woke let me know my lymph nodes were clean, I don’t know if she was suppose to but she did and I was glad.

1 comment:

Rachel LaBranche said...

Sounds like u had an angel watching over u that day :) Nurses are God's messengers of hope