Sunday, January 16, 2011

You Do Get To Do Chemo!


So on December 1st I met my oncologist, the guy who decides if you get chemotherapy. He wasn’t shy and kind of just blurted out, you need chemo. What? Why? I didn’t expect that? Because the tumor was 2.4cm he would call it a stage 2 instead of stage 1 that I had originally been told. Only tumors fewer than 2cm can be stage 1. Now this is where he got me, he explained that the tumor was a fast growing tumor. They give them a score from 1 to 3 in 3 different categories. Mine was a 3 in all three categories. It happened so fast, he sent me to the lab, made me an appointment himself and brought the sticky note to me personally while I was getting my labs done. December 2nd Chemo Teach, this is when a Chemo nurse tells you all about what will happen and give you tons of prescriptions to get ready before your treatment. December 3rd at 9:00 would be my first Chemo treatment

No comments: