Sunday, January 16, 2011

The Chemo Cocktail


December 3, 2010 was the first week of chemo and I only had 12 weeks of treatment, some have much more, so I was feeling really blessed. I didn't even have to have a port surgically implanted because I would only have 4 treatments over the course of the twelve weeks and my veins would be fine. Everything went well, they started the chemo cocktail out slow to make sure I would have no allergic reactions, so the first treatment took almost 4 hours. Feeling tired but otherwise OK, we made our way home. The medications were endless and hard to keep track of, when do I take this one and when do I take that one. I soon figured it all out. The first 2 days I spent a lot of time sleeping and waking to a feeling of energy but too ill to do anything. Seems the steroids that are pumped into you the day of chemo and the two days after make you feel up then down, and I wanted to eat everything in sight and then be really sick to my stomach and then take some nausea pills.

No comments: