Monday, January 17, 2011

Its A New Day


January 4th had arrived and this was the day I had scheduled to see a new oncologist. When I walked into the clinic I was greeted with smiles and happy chemo nurses, Yea! Now all I needed was a doctor that would listen and talk to me in a way that would not rub me wrong. And I found him, after he gave me an examine he explained that some of the chemo meds I had been on were causing an allergic reaction. Two more treatments with a new chemo medicine would be the plan. I knew it would still be hard but without the hives and other added stuff I really didn’t have to deal with and what a bonus only a hop skip and a jump from home, not that I could hop skip or jump right now, but that will come later. The new chemo meds are also hard on the veins so I would have to have a picc line put in. Now that didn't sound fun.

1 comment:

Rachel LaBranche said...

What a blessing the new doc and nurses have been for you.