Friday, February 18, 2011

The Monster


February 18, 2011


As my break from the doctors ended today I was hurried back into the world of treatment. The week away from it all was nice but I’m happy to get things started and on the way to being finished with this part of my journey. I started my day out with the chiropractor, it’s my favorite doctor of all, not only do I feel much better after a much needed adjustment I love to see him and the staff. I have been one of their friends and patients for almost twenty years, his wife works at the front counter and the office lady is one of my church family, I not only feel better physically but spiritually after visiting them.


Next stop was the clinic to see the lady that pokes my finger to check to see if my blood is thin enough. Only one more week of having to do this and then I should be safe from the blood clot that I ended up with almost a month ago. This was sure a bump in the road!


Then I was off to the hospital to see the radiology nurse, this is a time to fill out paper work, to see if I have any complaints and to let me know what to do and not to do. It seems like a lot to take in and it makes me tired. When she was finished with me she gave me a tour of what my daily routine would look like.


Soon I found myself in a room with a thin table that looked like the opposite of a gynecologist exam table? Instead of stirrups for your legs it had what looked like stirrups for your arms. So what they wanted me to do was to lay down with my arms above my head, ok this would be easy, not so, having your arms extended in this position for very long is really uncomfortable.
Today was like a rehearsal of the days to come, only difference was instead of radiation today the big machine above my head would just take pictures, this is part of the planning for treatment.


I always try to take myself to a happy place when I’m in a position like this but today was different, I couldn’t help but look at the machine like a monster with big red eyes. So I quickly decided it was a friendly monster because this was one I would have to visit daily for the next six weeks.

1 comment:

jawiggans said...

Ok. Here I am Janie. I will try to post this comment to my Google account. If you get this note, please let me know. Judy